Good SEO Shouldn’t Be That Hard
Most Internet marketers know that one of the best and cheapest methods of getting traffic to their site is to have good search engine optimisation, or SEO, and traffic will very largely determine whether you make money online or not. The object of SEO is to make sure that your site appears at the very top or at least on the first page of a search engine when the keyword you have chosen is typed in. The subject of choosing a good keyword is a whole different story, but once you have decided on a good keyword this is what you can do.
1. When you are designing and then building your website you must ensure that your keyword appears everywhere, but not so much as to get penalised. For instance, your keyword should be in the title of your page, in the heading of your home page, and it should be scattered throughout the content of that page.
2. Make good use of internal links within your site, e.g. for the link back to your home page, always use the full url of your index page, rather than just the one word ” home”.
3. Always try to keep your content changing as often as you can, because this will get the search engines to visit your site more often. Also any visitors you might get will not return if they see the same home page every time. It is not easy to always get fresh content of high quality, but it is something you just have to do.
4. Index your site with as many search engines as you can, although the fact that you are always updating your site should get you indexed automatically.
5. Use free website directory listings, which will greatly expand your web presence, making it even more visible and thereby gaining you more visitors.
6. Try to get the owners of websites which are roughly in the same field as yours to swap links with you, again increasing the visibility and importance of your site in the eyes of the search engines. You can also get one way back links by submitting articles to directories such as this one and by participating in the many forums relating to your field. Just make sure that your articles are interesting and informative, and that any posts you make in the forums are not seen as just being an underhand method of getting a link back to your site. It always helps to be a regular contributor to a forum and to be seen as someone who is genuinely helpful, and not just eager to promote themselves and their site.
7. If your site is not in the WordPress format, start a blog on a free blogging platform such as , and make regular posts, with each post heavily featuring your chosen keywords. Again, updating your blog regularly will encourage both your visitors and the search engines to keep coming back.
If you follow these simple rules, you should start to see your website rating climb in the search engines, thereby vastly increasing the amount of traffic you will get to your site.